July 23, 2024

Thousands of clients from Sacramento and Stockton, and across the nation, have been helped by Ranchod Law Group immigration lawyers. We are primarily focused on unifying families and connecting businesses with qualified foreign employees. Working with individuals and employers, we stay up-to-date on the latest developments in immigration law. We are very successful due to our comprehensive legal briefs – most of the cases we take on end up being approved!


After all these years since you helped my wife and I, I just wanted to say hi and thank you again. You always send us your fliers in the mail, and I was reading the front story today about your 20th anniversary, congrats, and remembering how you helped my wife come to the US. Since you were only open for about two years, we were some of your early clients since it was 18 years ago. The two of you were doing everything together back then, when it was just you and one assistant. When I went to our last interview, the guy commented how well prepared my paperwork was, he was impressed. Over the last 18 years, your company has grown a lot, and I’m sure you still make a lot of people happy as you did for us 18 years ago. I wonder where the time has gone as well, but I still remember the great job you did for us, and we are grateful. It has been a long time since we spoke, but we have not forgotten about you, or what you did for us, and how easy it was with all that paperwork, ha ha. Your firm still helps a lot of people and I am glad to see that you are doing well. You still help many people through your firm, and I am glad to see that you are doing well.

What is the maximum stay a foreign fiancee can have in the U.S.?

Citizen and alien fiancée must marry and file for lawful permanent residency (green card) within ninety days of arriving in the United States.

Furthermore, the U.S. citizen and alien fiancée must have met within two years of filing the petition. The requirement for two-year meetings can be waived.

It is necessary for both parties to be legally able to marry. 

Therefore, fiancee visa petitions must be filed before divorces are finalised.

Immigration law requires applicants to be aware of immigrant intent, unlawful presence, and public charge issues. Moreover, USCIS will examine the relationship to ensure that it is bona fide and not entered into solely for immigration purposes.

After the K-1 Petition is approved, what happens next?

After USCIS approves the petition, the application is sent to the National Visa Center for security checks. As soon as the National Visa Center receives the petition, the embassy will forward it to the consulate, which will then send a letter to the alien fiancée requesting a list of documents.

Additionally, security clearance processing will begin at the consulate. Consular processing has become more complex and time-consuming after 9/11 due to security checks. Depending on the security clearance, the beneficiary may be inadmissible to the country.

Your fiancée will be interviewed by a consular officer once all processing has been completed and all the necessary documents have been submitted.

A K-1 Visa officer will review all documents and question the applicant to determine if the relationship is bona fide, to ensure the applicant is not inadmissible, and to ensure he or she will not become a public charge. A fiancee visa valid for one entry for a period of six months is issued if the consular officers determine that your fiancée meets all of the legal requirements